Interested in Presenting at the AAEVT Annual Convention?
Members of the AAEVT are invited to submit Case Studies for consideration for presentation during the 13th AAEVT Annual Convention in San Antonio, Texas, November 19-21, 2017.
All final case studies must be submitted by October 1, 2017 and adhere to the following Instructions for Presenters.
What is a “Case Study”?:
A case study examines a specific medical event, modality, or procedure in order to communicate the practice, outcomes, trends, and means for understanding an important and unique medical case with greater clarity.
Some questions that may help you to identify a case for study may be:
- Does the case represent an unusual or atypical method or procedure?
- Does the case provide important insight for a common problem seen in practice?
- Does the case challenge and offer a counter-point to prevailing practices?
Case studies presentations are to inform and educate peers and industry professionals on the details and outcomes of unique and interesting cases.
Important Dates for Submitting your Case Study:
- Letters of Intent must be submitted to the AAEVT President-Elect, Nicole LaGrange, email@example.com, by June 1, 2017.
- The review process is carried out by the AAEVT Executive Board and you will be notified by July 1st, 2017, if your case study has been considered for presentation at the 13th Annual Convention.
- An Outline and Summary of the case study must be submitted to the AAEVT President-Elect, Nicole LaGrange, firstname.lastname@example.org, by August 1, 2017.
- A Rough Draft of the case study presentation must be submitted to the AAEVT President-Elect, Nicole LaGrange, email@example.com, by September 1, 2017.
- Deadline for submitting final Case Studies is October 1, 2017.
A few key points:
- Presenters must have been directly involved in the case being presented, not just in observation of.
- Letters of Intent and Final Case Studies (including pictures, charts, etc.) must be approved by both the attending DVM and horse owner(s).
- Case Study Presentations are limited to 20 minutes and must be able to be presented within that time allowance.
- Selected case studies will be printed in the 2017 AAEVT Proceedings and presented at the 2017 Annual Convention. Presenters will receive complimentary registration and a Speaker Honorarium.
- Presenters are expected to take all precautions to protect the privacy of the patient and owners.
- If your presentation references the use of a compounded pharmaceutical, please be certain that you are familiar with the FDA guidelines on the use of compounded pharmaceuticals and that the product you reference is in compliance.
If you have any questions regarding preparing and submitting papers, contact Nicole LaGrange firstname.lastname@example.org.